Custom Search

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Flat Reed: A Spend the Night Party



While Daddy was out of town, Flat Reed and Mommy spent the night with the Sprinkles. Flat Reed was a little scared of this new surroundings, so Mommy let him fall asleep and then she put him in his bed. It didn't take him long, because the Sprinkles have a very comfortable guest bedroom—complete with comfy sheets (they must be 300-thread-count, clean white spread, and nice, soft mattress—not to mention a baby bed, changing table, and glider! Man, they have the hook-up.



Once Flat Reed was fast asleep (he likes to sleep with his eyes open!!!), he slept quite well. Abbey said that he slept through the night without a peep. He didn't wake up until 7:30 AM. Wow! I sure hope the real Reed or as some like to refer to him, 3-D Reed will sleep that well.



Flat Reed took the opportunity to try out the glider in the Sprinkles guest room. Daddy thinks they need to get one with a more neutral color, so when Flat Reed's sister, Flat Ava comes along they can just use the same one. Mommy thinks that a blue pin-striped pattern will be better. I think this is all a ploy by Mommy to get Flat Ava a gross PINK one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent guest, he was, too. He never made a peep--we hardly knew he was there (except for that same diaper he's had on ALL his life).

Anonymous said...

Oh, me! I about fell out of my chair laughing at the photo of Flat Reed tucked into bed. Something about that photo just cracks me up!!! (Maybe the fact that it is almost 11pm now, helps!)

Oh dear...I just read Mrs. Sprinkles reference to the poor child having been in the same diaper all his life...don't tell your social worker about that, either!

Anonymous said...

Okay, my husband just walked in the room, caught sight of little Flat Reed all tucked into bed and he laughed twice as loud and long as I had!

Mr.Brian said...

I think Flat Reed is well loved by his mommy and daddy.I cam onli imagine how well loved the 3-d Reed will be loved.
But what will become of Flat Reed then?Will he be helping care for 3-D Reed?

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind...just had to put Flat Reed's little face on my own blog just one more time! (Bet you can't guess WHICH photo it was that I just had to post!)