Custom Search

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Flat Reed: Is All This For Me?



We finally got word that Reed's dossier has been sent to Taiwan. It should arrive within two or three days, and then the district will log us in probably two days after that. At least that is what I understood from the the letter that we received. The English is not wonderful!

We also got the address to send Reed his first care package today. We were thrilled, and quickly packed it and went to ship it. The cool thing is that I can track the package's progress.




Tonight we went to supper with a couple of friends who have recently committed to serve the Lord as missionaries in Ireland. They have to raise their entire support and at this point, have just begun working to raise it. They are thrilled with the prospect of this opportunity and they know that this is what God has called them to do. It's so exciting to see God work through them and use them in such an incredible way.

Please continue to pray for a speedy court process, and we will get to bring Reed home soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5--Getting to see Reed's first smile--PRICELESS! All will be fine! Welcome to the joys of parenthood, and I do mean joys!

Anonymous said...

Two points sweet kids:
1. Answer to Flat Reed's question:
"No darling, All of this is not for you but for the precious real Reed who will soon be here to meet you!!!"
2. Jeremiah 29:11-13. He provides for you and has a plan and wants to Prosper you and He will do that through your family. Love, MOM

Stacy said...

I bought that exact green vest/shirt outfit for Cooper. He will have to wait a few more months to wear it though! How funny.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Abbey,

Would you mind if I featured "Flat Reed" on my blog site? I was thinking of doing a monthly thing where I introduce my regular readers to a blog I enjoy reading...by writing a little bit about the blog and putting a link to it in my post. I would be delighted if you would allow "Landlife" to be the first in my series. (In fact, though many blogs I read have regularly re-occurring features, I have never encorporated anything like that into my own blog...so you would be first in a first!)

Please respond back via e-mail at dublinlin@hotmail.com ....or, just mention in the comment section of one of my posts on Dumplings,Three
threedumplings.blogspot.com
...either way will be fine.

Thanks!
~Monica

Anonymous said...

PS (Congratulations on getting your dossier completed!!!)