Custom Search

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Flat Reed: Daddy is Home!



I have been dreaming of the day when I would come home and my son would be waiting on me at the door. Tonight when I got home, Flat Reed was there waiting. I am not sure if he was excited to see me, or if he was he was just ready to see what I bought him last ngiht at IKEA.



Flat Reed got a plastic bib that catches the food that doesn't make it into his mouth, AND it is in the shape of a frog.



Come on now, you really didn't believe that was ALL that I got him did you? Actually this all came in one set for $2.99!!! Whoa! Why am I just now discovering this place? The little bowl has a suction cup on the bottom and so it was stay put when Flat Reed is digging around in it for his favorite piece of Mac-n-Cheese.

5 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

There are days I could use a bib like that too.

Ann said...

Every time I check in with you guys and see another Flat Reed post...I just laugh, and laugh. It tickles me. You guys have a great sense of humor. I even made hubby stop what he was doing and check out all that Flat Reed has been up to. He thought it was great!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bib! Wow...I have NEVER HEARD of IKEA...I am guessing it is like a WalMart, or something? Whatever it is, we don't have them around my neck of the woods!

There is one more item you should add to this table set...at WalMart (at least four years ago, that is) they have these nifty rubbery placement things that you can use when you eat out in public with Flat Reed (or the REAL Reed!). The placemat has suction cups under the edges so it won't slide around on the table and it has a portion that hangs over the edge of the table forming a "pocket" very much like the one on Flat Reed's bib. It is WONDERFUL for eating out with. Catches all the stuff that would wind up on the floor otherwise. The waiters always seemed to love the fact that our baby never left crumbs on the floor (thanks to the cool little placement!). In fact, our favorite Chinese restaurant was soon seating us in the hoity-toity carpeted area that usually they only seated non-baby-carrying families in! We always felt so special walking past the tiled area where all the families with babies had been seated as we would follow our waiter into the CARPETED room!

Yup, you need to get one of those for little Flat Reed!

Anonymous said...

PS (You and Flat Reed ought to join the May Creativity Challenge...you take photos of Flat Reed almost every day, anyway...!)

Em said...

That is TOO cute!!! I haven't ever been in an IKEA, but I look online a lot. By the way...are y'all registered anywhere?? Let us know!