Custom Search

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Like Father, Like Son


Last night we went to eat at the Catfish House. We were planning on going to see the East Robertson Jr. Varsity girls play basketball at "The Center" in Springfield, but we got done with supper earlier than we needed to be at the game. So, what do you do in Springfield if you need to go and kill some time? Go to Wal-Mart. We needed to pick up a few groceries and so we thought that would be the perfect place for a little "time killing."

We decided to walk through the baby section where we found a swing, a stroller, a high chair and car seat that we like. They are brown and blue. I know that's a big surprise, right? As we were exiting the baby department we saw this big rack of shirts and pants for $1.50 each. We decided we would buy some for a local ministry, as they would probably make really cute Easter outfits. We picked up the ones that we wanted and went to the other side and they had smaller ones for babies. They were little onesies.

Of course, being the dad that loves clothes and loves a good buy, I had to pick some out for Reed. I love stripes, so we got him several striped sets.


Although I am not quite an athlete, I do love baseball style shirts, so we got him a couple of those.



And although screen-prints are not my favorite, we could not pass up the little froggy one.


Here is a close-up of the print. I think that Reed is going to love his new clothes. Maybe we will mail him some before he gets to us.

Not a lot on the agenda for today. Abbey is going to be working on her writing assignment for Sunday School, and I am going to organize all of our tax papers so that I can take them to the tax-preparer. Normally, I would do the taxes myself, but I think this year is going to be a hard one, due to my change in jobs.

By the way, we made it to the game. It was exciting but the girls lost.

1 comment:

ava and brookie said...

How do you know what size to buy? What if Reed is too big for them?