Custom Search

Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Balentime's Day!


It's almost time for Balentime's Day and before we go any further let me explain that I know that it is not Balentime's Day. We know this person, who despite her ability to read and the fact that she probably knows phonics, she still says, "Balentime's."

For Abbey's first Valentine's present, she was led up the stairs.


She was wondering why I wanted her to come up the steps, but I kept asking her to come up. She was still trying to figure out what was going on.


Surprise! I think she liked it.


Back at Christmas, I got a coworker to start making some stained glass crosses for our bathroom windwow. She let me pick out the patterns and I told her the colors that I would like and she took it from there. She really went to work. She made some beautiful crosses.


I came home and immediately got to work hanging the crosses in the window. When Abbey got home, she starting preparing supper and then I beckoned her upstairs. She was surprised. Do you think she is going to get anything for Valentine's tomorrow? We'll have to see. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Do I need to ask her to make the piece for my window???

ava and brookie said...

Did Abbey get anything yesterday for Valentine's Day??

Anonymous said...

When you become a parent, you'll learn that you have to be thrifty, and I think the perfect time to start is NOW! Couldn't you just have given Abbey the shower door as a Valentine's gift? I know she would never forget it--like the lady we know who got a new toilet seat one time and a rifle another. You're just too nice of a guy, aren't you, Jeff!