Custom Search

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We're Living in a Material World...


Most everyone we know has probably heard of Beth Moore. Some have seen her speak or used one of her Bible Studies. But, no matter your experience with her, you most likely have heard, "Beth Moore is just great. She's incredible." Well, she's not. (That's called an attention getter for my non-English major friends)
That's right. I said it. Beth Moore isn't all that. But, when she allows God to work through her and presents what she has learned, studied and prayed about, you better watch out! Thanks to my dear husband's "coaxing", I decided to take the plunge into the Daniel bible study at our church. Boy, am I glad I did! What a blessing it has been. I was afraid doing my daily homework would be such a burden, but I have loved every minute of it.
So, I wanted to share one point in Week Three that just knocked me off my high horse! Basically, so I don't commit any copyright fraud, Beth Moore makes the point that: Focusing on one's own inferiority (or feelings of inferiority) is just the same as thinking a lot of yourself. Meaning, either way, you are still focusing on yourself! I have never thought of it that way. So, whether you think a lot of yourself, or very little, it is still a form of self-absorption. Let that sink in for a while.
And I'm only on Week Three!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abey,
This is GOOD stuff, and I'm hooked. However, I must say I'm not in Week 3 yet, but that concept was taught to me by a former pastor of ours who said that the feeling of inferiority is also a form of pride, just as you said--self-absorption. I praise God for people like Beth Moore who will share with us what God has layed on their heart (and uses it to step on my toes, OUCH).

Thanks for allowing yourself to be vulnerable also.

Anonymous said...

I am loving this study as well. If God can give Beth Moore the gift to help Michelle understand prophecy through history, bring it!

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I am hearing awesome things about this study! Now Material Girl will be stuck in my head for the day..great!