Custom Search

Friday, December 01, 2006

The First Snowflake



The news talked about it and we were all excited. My alarm went off at 4:50, 4:58, and 5:06 this morning and when I finally pushed myself out of bed, I wen to the bathroom to look out of the window to see the fluffy white NOTHING! They said that it might snow last night and I was really getting my hopes up.

Anyway, I went to the gym, then to work, and then I left work to take Abbey's car to drop it off at the carwash. While I was on my way to the carwash what did I see, but tiny little snowflakes drifting to the earth. Of course, they melted on contact, but there is just something about seeing those first few flakes.

On the other hand, the wind is blowing so fiercely that it is hard to breathe when you are in it. I probably complicate matters by parking on the roof at work, which is far more windy than if I parked in the garage. However, I can handle the few "Chinese torture chamber" moments of being in the wind for the added closeness and convenience of being able to park on the roof.

Hopefully we will get some substantial snow soon. You know my local, snowdancer (school teacher wife) wants it to snow at least the as many days are allotted for snow at ther school!

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Your house looks gi-normous in this picture too! when i first saw it i had a blonde moment and was like..wow springfield sure did get some snow friday. haha, just kidding... a little!