Custom Search

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sick in Bed

I have never missed work because I was sick. However, today, work is definitely not a place I could be. For the past several days, I have had a pretty bad stomach ache and all of the things that come with that.

I am laying in bed right now, and still don't feel much better. I have only eaten a few crackers, ginger ale, and a little diluted jello. Abbey is going to get me something on the way home. The only thing that I really feal like eating is some popsicles.

I didn't put a picture on this post for two reasons: 1. I don't know where the camera is, and 2. I don't think you want to see me right now!

UPDATE FROM ABBEY: Jeff is still really sick and not able to keep anything down. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and they suspect possibly Hepatitis A or a virus. We're waiting on bloodwork to come back to narrow the possibilities. Please pray for him as we both are supposed to be at Writer's Conference next week. He needs to be prepared, and I don't need to catch it if he does have a virus!

2 comments:

ava and brookie said...

I hope you feel better! Wish you could have come with Abbey this weekend!

Kim M said...

Feel better soon, Jeff! Here's a natural remedy for alleviating nausea that you might want to try:

Ginger Tea - Either grate fresh ginger into hot water or add ginger powder to hot water to make a "tea". Then sip it slowly. (Note: You can pick up a small piece of ginger root in the produce department of most any grocery store.)

We'll be praying for both of you!