Custom Search

Friday, October 13, 2006

No Love for Fancy Hotels



Call me a country boy or whatever you want, but I don't have any love for fancy hotels. We stayed in the Hilton this week and I was just not overwhelmed. I normally stay in the Hampton Inn when I am traveling and I always enjoy it. Let's look at a comparison.

Both hotels are owned by the Hilton family.

At the Hilton you get breakfast by status, Gold first, Silver next, then the rest of us. The problem: it's 13 bucks!
At the Hampton Inn, you get a warm continental breakfast whenever you want it in the morning, AND there is a to-go bag if you are on the run. It is free!

At the Hilton you get a USA Today under your door each morning. That's great if you have time to read it! At the Hampton Inn, there are newspapers available at breakfast.

At the Hilton you pay 50 cents per local call. At the Hampton Inn you get free local calls.

At the Hilton you get two one-liter bottles of water in your room. The problem is, they are 5 bucks a piece! At the Hampton Inn, there is always water and coffee available in the lobby.

At the Hilton you have access to wireless-high-speed internet. You turn on your computer and it directs you to a site where you pay 12 bucks to use the internet for 24 hours. At the Hampton you also have access to the itnernet. You get a code when you check in, and it is free!

At the Hilton you go to the business center to use the computer and it charges you per minute! At the Hampton Inn you go to the business center and use the computer for as long as you want for free.

Call me a country boy, but I think I'll take the Hampton.

1 comment:

Kim M said...

I wouldn't call you country, I would call you practical.