Custom Search

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I need a break!

I am supposed to be editing the last week of December 2007 right now, but I am having a little trouble getting started this morning. I decided that a little blogging my help me get kick-started. Don't get me wrong, I have been working since I got here at 6:30 this morning, but on about 35 other things that you don't realize are part of putting a publication together. Anyway, I digress.

There will not be a picture on this blog, in memoriam to the pictures that were taken on Saturday of the "Fifth Grade Friday Fun" stay at our house this weekend. It seems the technical guru (that would be me in title only) accidentally deleted all of the pictures that were taken. Just know that there were 112 and they were really cute. Imagine the girls seen in previous pictures smiling and having fun.

Last night I had the extreme pleasure of assisting my lovely wife in chaperoning the Homecoming Dance (yes, I think a dance on a Monday night is a silly thing), however, apparently the Junior High kids at East Robertson did not think so! They were out in full force and had plenty of money to spend.

It led me to believe that there should be a height/age requirement for slow dancing. I mean, whose bright idea was it to make 6th graders "Junior High" school kids? I promise some of those boys and girls were less that 4.5 feet tall and they were certainly slow dancing. As they looked into their "loved ones" (yeah right!), I could only imagine what they were thinking...

Boy: She's taller than me... all the girls are taller than me.
Girl: I bet he thinks my braces are hot.
Boy: I wonder if she likes Gordon or Earnhardt?
Girl: I can't believe that I am at this dance while "That's So Raven" is on.
Boy: She's cute now, but she hasn't hit her ugly stage yet. I better fall in love with her so that we can make it through the tough time.
Girl: I want a boyfriend, but I usually try to wait until closer to December, that way I only have to "talk" to him for 3 months to get all of the major holidays done. If I am "seeing" him from now until February 15, he better get me a big white stuffed Teddy bear for Valentine's day. Ooh, maybe he will get me a pink ice ring for Christmas.
Boy: I want a slice of pizza.
Girl: Do you smell something?
Boy: Okay, let me do a cool check... Hair gel- check, Cologne - double check (I used a whole bottle of dad's Old Spice), deoderant - uhh...I forgot, but I used a whole bottle of dad's Old Spice, zipper - oh no...I forgot! Maybe I can tell her I want to go buy her a drink and I can zip it up before she notices.
Girl: I still smell something, but I know it's not me, I use Teen Spirit.
Boy: I wonder if it's true that if you kiss a girl, your braces can get locked together?
Girl: I hope he doesn't try to kiss me.
Boy: Alright it's time for me to make my move... "Everything I do, I do it for you..." just came on.

Okay, so maybe that's not exactly what they were thinking, but you get the idea. Okay, gotta go work. By the end of the day, I hope to be in 2008!


Oh yeah, if you want to check out my sister-in-law and soon-to-be BIL, go to this link:

http://www.mcherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060919/LIFE/609190309/1003

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Oh my goodness! The pre-teen thoughts made my day. How halarious!