Custom Search

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Soda Pop, Loveless Cafe, and Smellin' Watches

This morning we woke up early to go to Loveless Cafe' for some good eating. We went with our great friends, the Spicklers. We all had the country ham and trimmings. It was delicious. Everything is good there, down to the coffee. We enjoyed it immensely. Afterwards, we looked around the shops and then we went to the different shops around the cafe'. We stopped by the Loveless Country Store and got a few cold soda's out of the bottles.

While we were in the Country Store, we looked around at the little knick-knacks and so-and-so's. Those of you who know me, know that I cannot walk past things without touching them in stores. In fact, I feel guilty if I do. Anyway, I saw this canister that looked like it might have a candle in it. I opened it up and to my surprise there was a watch in it. Instead of admiring the watch and putting the top back on it, I proceeded to smell it. It was probably the best watch I smelled all day. I am not sure why I couldn't control my sniffer and prevent this silly act from happening, but it did.



We didn't do a lot today. We took our usual afternoon naps and then went to the Catfish House for supper. Abbey is cooking breakfast for our new Sunday School class (the fifth grade) that we are getting tomorrow. She decided to do a little laundry while it was cooking.
I got to cut out lots of shapes from Scrapbooking paper for one of our activities tomorrow morning. Now we're watching CSI! Posted by Picasa

No comments: