Custom Search

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hey, At Least I Got A T-Shirt

Call it a sense of civic duty, call it temporary insanity, or a mild case of amnesia. Regardless of what you want to call it, just know it was NOT A GOOD idea. We had Chick-Fil-A at church tonight. It was really good. We were sitting with Manson, Heather, Marc, and Nancy. Heather asked if we were going to give blood. Feeling an overwhelming sense of "macho-ness" I immediately forgot my past experiences and said, "Sure." Abbey respectfully declined.

Heather and I went to the Bloodmobile where she went in first. She came out soon after, due to some reason that disqualified her from giving blood. I went in, they interviewed me and I sat on the gurney. After digging around in my arm for several minutes, the phlebotomist finally found a vein. I gave my blood and soon the the alarm went off that I had completed my donation. As the tech moved slowly at getting things done, I began to feel queezy.

I told the tech and she propped me up. That didn't help and so they got me a drink. That didn't help and I told them something was about to happen, when all of a sudden, everyone in the bus knew that I had eaten Chick-Fil-A for supper. Yep, I threw up. It wasn't like the last time that I gave blood and I threw up. No, this time there were about 8 people who knew me there to watch the event. Thankfully, one was able to go get Abbey. She got the car and we drove home. Of course, I was in the back seat in my skivvies.

But...I got the t-shirt.
Needless to say, I am going to try VERY,VERY hard to remember next time I feel the need to be macho to just grab and ax and cut down a tree in the woods behind our house!
This is a jar of every flavor of M & Ms that Mrs. Sprinkles got for Abbey today. Ab had a minor procedure this afternoon on her back. Maybe if she'll let me, I'll take a picture of her stitches tomorrow when I clean it and post it on the blog! She seems to be doing okay, just a little sore. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt so bad about you getting sick. When they turned down MY ONTAMINATED blood,I felt like I shouldn't leave you there. I guess there is nothing I could have done for a quivering belly. Well, alls well that ends well. I bet you ate again when you got home.

Anonymous said...

Someone told me that you posted your blood doning experience on your blog so I thought I would check it out since I got to witness the episode. Your face was as white as a sheet and you stunk up the whole bus with Chick-fil-A vomit (ha ha). I hope you are feeling better today! I feel horrible. Jeff, please don't donate blood anymore! (ha ha)