Custom Search

Thursday, August 17, 2006

1. Too Much Talk About Food or 2. What Counts as Cooking or 3. I Told Her I Wouldn't Like It

1. Abbey says that I blog about food too much. I am sorry, that is an important part of my life. Everything around us is eating. Like today, when I went out to fill up my birdfeeders with seed and realized that the squirrels which I have been seeing a lot of lately, have eaten a whole through the garbage can the seed is in. Oh well, I guess squirrels are just as hungry as birds. I guess I could blog about what we're watching on TV right now, but who wants to talk about "America's Got Talent" when you can talk about food. I do think that "Quick Change" is amazing. I mean, how do they do that?
2. I know that you are tired of hearing about "Super Suppers," but here's one more. I have never liked the way salmon smells. I have never really tried it because it stinks. Anyway, Abbey acted like she just loves it, even though I have never seen here eat it in the 8 years that I have known her. When she wanted to get some from Super Suppers, I told her that was fine, but that I would not eat any. Since she has a natural ability to forget the things I say, it did not surprise me last evening when she told me we were having salmon today. I reminded her that I wouldn't eat it, but I would just eat the sides. Anyway, she cooked the salmon for supper and I tasted it. It was exactly as I had imagined it. I did not like it . The funny thing is, NEITHER DID ABBEY! Now, our kitchen stinks too!
3. Abbey says that I never help in the kitchen, so I want to know, what exactly counts as cooking. I mean, I am always the one that grills the meat. Abbey doesn't even know how to turn on the grill. So, does that count as cooking? Abbey says that it doesn't. I realize that grilling occurs outside the kitchen, but you have to get the food from the kitchen in order to cook it. Also, you bring it back into the kitchen when you're done!

I promise to try to blog about something other than food tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This time I have to take up for you, Jeff. Grilling does count as cooking in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Abbey, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go with Jeff on this one. Not only is grilling cooking, it is heavenly when someone grills. There is not near the mess inside, and it helps so much when all you have to do is cut up a salad or whatever, and stick a potato in the oven to bake.

Stick to your guns, though, Abbey, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO LEARN HOW TO TURN ON THAT GRILL, Girl! This is definitely where ignorance is bliss!