Custom Search

Monday, July 03, 2006

Finally!


Since we have been so busy over the past few weeks, I have not been able to finish the new piece of furniture we were given. I have finally completed painting it black and installed the new hardware. (Refer back to a previous post to see what the old hardware looked like.)

Today was my first day at LifeWay. It was all orientation for the whole day. Thankfully, we got out a good bit earlier than we thought we would, and we have a much smaller class than normal. It was a good day, though. I now have to decide just what kind of insurance we want and how much of it we want. I am thankful I now have direct deposit! It's been a while since I have had that and I really miss it.


Abbey rehung this drape, because it kept getting in the door when we opened it. I like it so much better this way.

Abbey was also busy today. After she started her new term teaching summer school (including one "court appointed student"), she came home and went to the grocery store. She cooked a delicious meal of fried squash, fresh boiled corn, and marinated chicken which I grilled and doused with Abbey's homemade barbeque sauce. For dessert, Abbey made chocolate covered strawberries! I've got the greatest wife.

Tomorrow is ONE MONTH until our fifth anniversary. Can you believe it has been five years?

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Your wedding was one of the first dates Brad and I had...and when we walked up, Baxter Goss yelled in his, um, loud voice, "Who's that guy with Maggie?" Fun! Congratulations!!