Custom Search

Friday, June 02, 2006

DaVinci


Okay, I admit it, I went to see "The DaVinci Code" tonight. I went out to eat with my friend Bill and we decided we wanted to go see a movie. There was not anything on that we really wanted to watch, so I decided to see what all the hype was about.

Since Abbey is out of town, this is probably the only opportunity I would have to see it, as it was a bit scary at some points.

Here's my take on the movie. What's all the fuss? I don't think that nearly as many people would have gone to see it if everyone wouldn't have been so into publicizing it for the company.

It was a very masterful movie. The writer, Dan Brown, is obviously a genious. He tied the craziest information together to make a really interesting story. There was very little truth in the movie, but it was intriguing to think that one person could think of such a weird story.

For those who may be reading this blog who are not believers in the true story of Christ or for those who may be young or immature Christians, perhaps you should not go see the movie. If you think that you may be apt to believing that a story that is fiction (meaning, it's not true, someone made it up) could be truth, then this would not be a good movie for you to watch.

Other than that, not much happened today. I cleaned out the garage and pressure washed most of our back deck. I'm going to wake up early to finish that and clean off the siding. Then it's off to the church to build igloos for VBS.

No comments: