Custom Search

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bottlenecker's


Yesterday I went to lunch with a couple of friends from church. We were talking about the transition of my job and how they could help here at the church. Everything was going well. We finished our lunch and headed back here to the church.

We were in Goodlettsville, so I took Old Hickory up to I-24 and got on there. We were on the interstate for only a few seconds when traffic started slowing down. Soon we were just crawling along. We never came to a complete stop, so we figured that there was probably a minor accident or something.

Around the curve, we saw the blue lights flashing. It did not look like anything really bad. As we inched closer we saw a police car pulled over on the side of the road. He was not even on the asphalt part of the road, he was completely in the grass and out of the way of the traffic.

We noticed something else. There was no reason for him to be pulled over. There was not a car pulled over, not a truck wrapped around a tree, NOTHING! He was simply talking to some dude who was perfectly fine, crouched down by the officer's window.

I don't know what makes me more angry. The officer that was completely oblivious to the fact that his car was causing traffic to bottleneck, or the oblivions (that's what Abbey and I call people without a clue) that were so worried about what the officer was doing, they slowed down!

I could not find a picture of the metro police cars (they are white Impalas with a blue stripe), so you will just have to imagine one of these mounted officers in a police car and not on top of an appaloosa.

2 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I believe the term is rubberneckers. I've never heard or bottleneckers

Anonymous said...

the horse isn't an appalosa it's a paint