Custom Search

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My New Addiction


A few years ago, when I worked at the mall, I had an addiction. I am not proud that I was addicted to this substance, but I feel like I need to get it off my chest. It seems my addiction has come back.

Every morning after we would open the store (Dillard's). I would walk across the parking lot to get a large sweet tea from Chik-Fil-A. They knew I was a mall employee, so I got a discount and I got the biggest cup. They would write the date on it and they would refill it for free all day long. Needless to say, I became quite the addict.

I was cured of my addiction for a little while, but it seems lately the demons have come back. I am now readdicted to sweet tea. This time, it is McDonald's sweet tea. It is only a $1 for the large, and there is a McDonald's right on the way to work.

Does anyone know if there is a Sweet Tea Anonymous group in Nashville? I am going to need help to overcome this demon and I think STA would help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why has it taken sweet tea from McDonald's to make you realize you're an addict? Have you not thought about all the sugar in Starbuck's coffee or the sugar you, yourself, put in your own coffee? You really don't have an addiction; it just takes a lot of sugar to be as sweet as you are. I'm sure Abbey wants you to keep it that way, so keep that sugar coming!