Custom Search

Friday, May 05, 2006

Low Cost Stress Relief



Things have been pretty stressful around here this week, with things going on at work, home, and with school. I generally have a problem with "letting" go of stress, instead I choose to hold onto it and think about it. Anyway, this morning I woke up determined to do something that I could control.

The Task: Cleaning Out and Up Our Closet
The Goal: Remove all items from the closet, properly hang each clothing item, put up my new (that I have had since Christmas) tie rack, and colorize the clothes according to style.




By the time I get the closet cleaned out, I am already starting to feel better. I have not thought about a single thing that has been stressing me so far this morning. I knew this would work, because when I worked retail and I got stressed, I would clean off a table or section and complete re-do it. Colorizing, sizing and merchandising always helped me to get lost in my thoughts and feel better.

I was still doing good and then Abbey called. She talked to me about an email relating to one of my stressors. I think I was short with her, because I didn't want to get out of my zone. I am almost to getting the new tie rack up and my ties colorized.


Aren't they beautiful? Can't you just sense my stress falling away. Now, instead of cramming our closet completely full of clothes again, I decided I was going to move the more wintry or less worn clothes to a the guest room closet (but I also colorized and categorized the pieces).

Now, everything is taken care of in the guest closet. Time to tackle our closet. But, first, I need lunch. I grabbed a bite to eat and then it was back to the closet.


I loaded in my side first. I put each category together. Starting with the tie rack and moving left, suits, dress pants, dress shirts, long sleeve wovens, long sleeve knits. At the tie rack moving right are jeans and short sleeve knits.


Next, it was time for Abbey's side. Beside my short sleeve knits, are Abbey's short sleeve shirts, 3/4 length shirts, long sleeve shirts, pants, skirts, and dresses. The shoes are also colorized and straightened.

And there's the story of how to relieve stress, the Jeff way.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

unbelievable. (did i spell that correctly?) that makes me want to do my closet and post it on our blog.

Anonymous said...

A man after our own hearts! You're invited to 344 anytime you have a few hours to spare.

Anonymous said...

It feels good doesn't it. That's what I do when I'm stressed. Unfortunately, it never seems to stay strait .

Tessa