Custom Search

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Summer, Winter, Spring...AHH!


As is normal fashion for the way I plan events, the weather seems to not agree. This weekend we have our "Live Out Loud" event and I had planned to culminate the event with the fun service project of having a free car wash. The weather man says that the weather will be 46 degrees though. I don't think I am going to have 55 3rd-6th graders washing cars in that weather.

The picture to the left is of another time that the weather didn't cooperate. Last year at the Easter Eggstravaganza. My super-volunteer Kelly got her husband to cut a hole in a shape of a boy's head. Then she painted it. The staff got to stick their head through the hole and let children through colored-water soaked sponges at us. It was freezing and drizzling that day! Pardon the sour look on my face, I wasn't really into this thing, although the people on the other side were having a blast.

Once again, here in Tennessee the weather is changing. I wore a t-shirt and flip flops on Monday and need a coat today. It is beautiful out though. Start praying that April 8 will be sunny and warm, so that we will have great attendance at our eggstravaganza.

Abbey's granny fell, so she might have to go spend the night with her, so please pray for them both. Sorry we didn't post any pictures of Ava and Abbey together, we forgot! Their nails are pretty though!

No comments: